Welcome back to the Uncommon Leader podcast. I've got another great conversation to share with you from a leader I've worked with before. And I believe you're going to appreciate this leader's journey.
Scottie Pennington is the vice president of operations at metal source in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Scottie's a leader that, like many of us, has seen his share of ups and downs in his career, both professionally and personally. I truly appreciate how Scottie shares openly about his battles with pride, the impact that his wife, his family, other mentors, and his faith have had on his journey and a lot of other great stories.
You're going to get a ton out of this interview. Get your pen and paper ready to take notes!
Here are just a couple of my takeaways:
· At some point in the journey to Uncommon, you will have to learn to give more that you get
· Start healthy habits at a young age… it really does get tougher as you get older!
· Do the right thing, even when no one is looking.
· As leaders, we are there to serve others
· Use the gifts that you’ve been given to help others!